1/01/2012

Why the 5th Generation of pokemon games felt stale and what I think needs to be the main focus of future instalments.


I have been a Pokemon fan for years and have clocked up 250 hours on Pokemon emerald ,180 on diamond and on platinum.I bought Pokemon black at launch in march and I played through the campaign and then on the match making for a while.I only have played 90 hours my playtime should at least be on par with Pokemon diamond as there should be more to do as the 5th gen is the successor to the 4th generation.The only thing to do that is not too repetitive after beating the elite four is to play online matchmaking but I haven't bothered with it as I would have had to spend alot of time Ev training Pokemon.I didn't have this time as I was more interested in my 3ds which came out later that month.
I think next generation Gamefreak need to improve the amount of content that there is after the campaign so players can continue to play for a long time without becoming bored.

This could be done through:
  • DLC(download able content)
  • A revised formula.
  • A new extremely upgraded battle frontier.
  • Improved online.
  • A mode where you can enter a friends game and play with them doing quests.
  • More than one region like in Gold and Silver possibly even all the regions plus a new one.
  • Bigger regions.
  • More things to do after defeating elite four.
  • Give Pokemon move experience that increases the powers of moves slightly like gun proficiencies in Modern Warfare 3.
Thank you for reading please comment if you have any ideas that you think would improve the series or if you disagree with any of my points.

No comments:

Post a Comment